When you are barley and birch, unabashedly organic, planet-saving clothes, you sound like our type of super hero, so we couldn’t wait to get to know them better. Now that we have, we are barley and birch’s newest proud fans!
Kids with their dreams and lives to enjoy ahead of them are confronted with shrinking rainforests, global warming, and other serious issues. Today, they can sleep a bit better because barley and birch was created to clothe them responsibly and help ensure that they will have a healthy and plentiful world to enjoy tomorrow.
We are beyond ourselves at the chance to be to be talking with you about barley and birch.
We just love it when a purchase becomes a lifestyle that keeps us making a difference, taking a step to preserve the Earth, while allowing us to indulge in our preferences. In this case, we do not compromise style or cuteness at all! What stands out about this company?
- It offers us superb quality as their garments that are made out of 100% certified organic cotton.
- The firm allows us and our kids to be safe, as comfortable, and very stylish. The inks used for their wonderful designs are water based and toxin-free. (They don't pollute the earth, water, or expose farm workers to toxins.)
- Socially responsible, the company contributes 15% of their profits towards worldwide organizations that are helping improve people’s lives, from educating rural farmers on sustainable agriculture to providing shelter to victims of abuse.
- The product itself helps us in our green quest as its high quality allows us to re-use it. It is a hand-me-down everyone in the family will be on the look out for!
For this phenomenal organic children’s clothes line, we can’t help but point out the unbelievable luxe feeling their high quality products give out. Incredibly soft, snuggly and comfortable, we are looking forward to the adult line! Our reservations about the after wash outcome were unfounded as the colors did not fade, and the clothes did not shrink or alter their quality in any way.
- The company is seriously committed to reducing their (and therefore our) negative footprints on the planet. Another 15% of their profits are devoted to continuously improve systems which aim at counteracting the carbon emissions that result from their production. Their garments are produced in the USA as part of their efforts to reduce the release the massive amounts of carbon associated with trans-ocean shipping. Additionally, barley and birch source from companies that largely use solar power. They are also mostly paper free and any paper that is involved with the line is 100% post-consumer recycled.
Can green be hip to wear? We can’t stop raving about their designs and fashion style. We really felt that baby was using a chic top of the line, tee that is both cool and an environmental statement. With a great artistic eye for the things that surround us, like a tree, ocean waves, the moon or the Golden Gate Bridge, barley and birch playfully mixes these images with great color palettes. The results are original, surprisingly fresh, wearable pieces of art that translate into comfortable fun for little ones. Through their amazing designs you are making a couple of proclamations, not just the fashion one. Another thing we care for, is the subtle way in which you can make all of your statements, no need for in your face tree hugging marches. Case and point a tree hugging tree onsie
To view their current collections which includes onsies, t-shirts, pants, sweaters and adorable dresses visit them here
You can get a sense of their warm ways when you images like these
What could be better than saving the planet, keeping kids safe, comfortable and stylish? Getting more barley and birch items! We have our eyes on the Golden Gate and the Luna tees! (and two more!)
We are thrilled that one of you will be able to win fabulous onsie or t-shirt thanks to the generosity of barley and birch. All you have to do is visit their site http://www.barleyandbirch.com/ and tell us which design you would pick if you won. That is it! That is your mandatory entry, for additional chances you can do any or all of the following:
1- Blog about this giveaway and link back to this post (5 entries)
2- Follow barley and birch on Twitter RT @coolchillmom discover superb & eco-friendly @barleyandbirch stylish #clothes 4 #kids #win gorgerous tee here http://bit.ly/cV56cm #green(you get an entry for every tweet ; don’t forget to leave a link to your tweet).
3- Follow us on Twitter and tweet : RT @coolchillmom discover superb & eco-friendly @barleyandbirch stylish #clothes 4 #kids #win gorgerous tee here http://bit.ly/cV56cm #green(you get an entry for every tweet ; don’t forget to leave a link to your tweet).
4-Grab our button (3 entries)
5- Follow our blog publicly (3 entries)
6- Add us to your blog roll
7- Enter any of my other current giveaways (2 entries)
8- Promote this giveaway, and give us the link of where and what you did. (4 extra entries).
*Open to US and Canada residents only.
*Make sure we have a way to reach you, by either enabling your email through blogger, or leaving your email in the comment.
*Winners are chosen by random.org, so make sure you leave individual comments, not all of them in one.
*Rules for each entry must be followed to be valid.
*Giveaway ends on July 13th, midnight EST.
*Winners will be announced on our Facebook fan page, join us there .
*Winners will be contacted via e-mail and will have 48 hours to reply or new winners will be chosen.
*Cool Moms Cool Tips is not responsible for sponsors not honoring their offer
Labels: baby wash. Eco-Store USA, barley and birch, clothes, eco-friendly, green products, kids