Down South, Summer has been with us for some time, but even so, we know Summer will bring more simmering hot days. Officially Summer is a few weeks away and many of us are already making plans on what to do outdoors with our little ones.
With warmer weather approaching, it is time to think sunscreen! And no better time to start than in May because it is national skincare awareness month. We chose the end of the month to talk about it and Episencial in an effort to keep it more fresh in our brains the closer we get to sun bursting days. This is our plea to you: before you make your way to the great sunny outdoors, you do all that you can to protect you and your family from the harmful effects of the sun.
According to the American Cancer Society, skin cancer is by far the most commonly diagnosed cancer in the United States, surpassing prostate, breast, lung, colon, pancreatic, uterine, and ovarian cancers combined. Each year more than 1 million people are diagnosed with skin cancer and this trend appears to be increasing with each passing decade.
So what can you do to lower your risk for developing skin cancer? Below is a short list of simple measures that won’t interfere with your outdoor activities.
• Mid-day sun between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. is considered to be the time of day when the sun is at its peak and when UV rays can be most harmful.
• To protect ears, eyes, face, and back of your neck, try wearing a hats with a brim are. Don’t forget your sunglasses. Make sure they help to block 99% to 100% of UVA and UVB radiation so be sure to read the label.
• While traveling in the car, keep in mind that different suns rays can pass through the windshield and windows of your car, so it is important to wear sunscreen in the car too.
• Runners, swimmers, cyclists, walkers, and for anyone who plans to be outside should always try to wear sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher. Don’t forget to reapply your sunscreen frequently, especially if you are in the water or sweat a lot.
With so many products out there, and ever growing range for children, we couldn’t be happier to count on all-natural, green Episencial products for our solar protection needs.
They rate number one for us because of the range’s All-natural, mineral-based sun protection. This translates into the safety of a chemical-free formula plus the added health benefits of top-quality skincare.
The sun care product kit we received included:
Sunny Sunscreen SPF 35
Have fun in the sun without exposing your skin to harmful UVA and UVB rays or harsh chemical sunscreens using this natural blend of zinc and titanium minerals. Organic ingredients like shea butter, beeswax and avocado oil nourish and soften skin while green tea extract neutralizes sun-induced free radical damage.
Additional Features & Benefits
• Environmental Working Group top-rated sunscreen for safety and effectiveness.
• Never greasy, does not leave a white residue.
Perfect for babies, kids and the whole family, Sunny Sunscreen was named one of the top sunscreens for safety and effectiveness by the Environmental Working Group!
Bring comfort to dry, itchy, irritated skin with this intensely nourishing multi-purpose moisturizer featuring an organic blend of calming calendula, oat extract and borage seed to enhance natural lipids and restore moisture balance. Acidophilus and neem boost immunity while oxysomes protect skin from harsh elements. Perfect for after-sun too!
Additional Features & Benefits
• Multi-purpose moisturizer helps treat rashes and red, irritated skin.
• Fortified with probiotics, and made with a 50% aloe vera base to help soothe, cool and comfort bothered skin.
• Insider tip! Great as diaper cream for use with cloth diapers; or to sooth adult skin post shave or wax.
Protective Face Balm SPF 6
Insulate baby’s vulnerable skin from wind, sun, and the ravages of runny noses and drool-y chins with this organic licorice extract and raspberry butter infused, intensely hydrating facial balm. Also protects chapped skin with zinc derived SPF 6 and shea butter.
Additional Features & Benefits
• Ultra-healing facial balm.
• Soothes and hydrates, chapped cheeks and lips
Keep in mind that all products are in the range are:
• Enriched with Skin Immune Complex - an exclusive blend of natural ingredients for actively healthy skin
• Baby safe and free from the bad stuff.
• Loaded with healthy organics.
• Timeless for all ages, 0 – 150 years!
Get your summer bag sun protection ready by winning the same kit we received!
Enter our giveaway by telling us what special plans you have to keep the little ones entertained (yes we need ideas, please).
If you can’t wait to win your set, you can always find Episencial products near you by using their store locator tool or go to Dermstore to take advantage of their 15% off (use Promo code: DSSUNNY until May 23rd)
Keep updated on all the Episencial latest news at Facebook and Twitter: @episencial
Happy, healthy and safe summer!
Don’t forget bonus entries to the giveaway, they are listed below for you.
1- Follow us on Twitter and tweet : RT @coolchillmom #Win #organic & #green Episencial #baby #skincare #sun kit http://bit.ly/l6Yx2s (get an entry for every tweet; don’t forget to leave a link to your tweet).
2-Grab our button (3 entries)
3- Follow our blog publicly (3 entries)
4- Add us to your blog roll
5- Enter any of my other current giveaways (2 entries)
6- Promote this giveaway, and give us the link of where and what you did. (4 extra entries).
7- Follow our friends 3 Pebbles on Twitter and tell them we sent you.
*Open to US and Canadian residents
*Giveaway will end on June 18th.
*Make sure we have a way to reach you, by either enabling your email through blogger, or leaving your email in the comment.
*Winners are chosen by random.org, so make sure you leave individual comments, not all of them in one comment.
*Rules for each entry must be followed to be valid..
*Winners will be announced on our Facebook fan page, join us there .
*Winners will be contacted via e-mail and will have 48 hours to reply or new winners will be chosen.
*Cool Moms Cool Tips is not responsible for sponsors not honoring their offer
Labels: baby skincare, certified organic, Episencial, green products, high end baby products, natural, skin cancer awareness, skincare