I was honored to be part of a group of bloggers from South Florida chosen to test drive the 2014 Chevy Impala.
A beautiful Friday afternoon to discover an amazing car. First off, I was looking forward to the event because I love cars. I am not very knowledgeable but definitively love driving and admiring them.
Secondly, I was not familiar at all with the Impala. Funny enough, my little one who is totally into cars can spot an Impala (no matter what year) anywhere while we drive together.
When we arrived, we met up with the wonderful Chevy team. Very professional, gracious and energetic, they got down to business showing us the Impala and getting us behind the wheel!
Wow! Fist impression before jumping in: I like this! Behind the wheel: comfort!!
My companions were Angelo and Connie. Angelo gave me a few specs and blew me away
showing me the secrets of the car. This is what stuck to my mind:
Bottom line, this little is loaded with technology and luxury!
- safety, safety, safety: the car is loaded with safety features that just made me feel at easy in a car versus my big SUV. 10 air bags. Built in radar an sensors to help the driver with blind spots. Alerts distance to other cars, and has safety brakes.
- the interior is sophisticated. It had a luxury feel to it. Loved the stitching it looked double to me.
- have valuables? well the trunk won't open for anyone but you :-)
- want to surprise someone? I loved this trick: the navigation screen has a button to open it up and behind it a great space to keep that surprise. Felt like it was a James Bond car!! You can also use it as storage
- voice recognition so you can make a call or ask the car to take you to a destination, or play your favorite song.
- full color customizable touch screen
- not in the mood to talk? you can also swipe the screen as you would a smart phone
- this is a great one for me because I am always loosing my keys in my purse: keyless entry.
- I had seen this in another mega luxury brand, truly high end: special compartment to keep your umbrella right on the door! convenient and hidden. Love it!
- Bose music system that works like surround sound.
- remote start 3 miles away, perfect to start cooling off the car after a day on the beach and your car under the scorching sun!
Now for the drive. In good Miami style, I am not the best driver. I know Connie in the back seat was taking in the sights without a care in the world knowing she was sitting in the Impala. I floored the car, and it responded beautifully (0 - 60 in 6.8 seconds). A bit harder turns were not an issue and the brakes reacted in time and very well.
Green is in the gas veins of this car: helping fuel economy and reduced emission, the car has a special system in place in the combustion chamber for this. Additionally, the Impala was manufactured responsibly at a plant focused on reuse, recycle or convert energy in its daily operations. To top it off, at the end of its life (which should be a long time from now) 85% of the Impala is recyclable
For all the details on this very complete sedan, please visit here
Having gone to the event we have the chance to win a week with a Chevy.
Totally crossing my fingers!!!!!
What surprised you the most about what we discovered of the 2014 Chevy Impala?
Labels: 2014, cars, Chevy, Impala, Test Drive