This is part of a sponsored campaign with Latina Mom Bloggers and Cupcake Digital. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
Today we discovered the app Wubbzy y El Tren Loco.This application is the fun-filled story of Wubbzy and his friends overcoming silly and surprising obstacles when their train breaks down on its way to the Kooky Karnival.
We love the opportunity it brings children to be exposed to a new language as it has the option to switch from English to Spanish by just a touch of a button. It is so important to teach kids a second language (or third). This will give them the advantage to discover other cultures in their native language which makes a huge difference, not to mention, the ability to communicate and understand a bigger universe around them.
This wonderful app for big and little kids is available today for $2.99 on the Apple App Store, Amazon, Google Play and the Barnes & Noble NOOK Store (TM) for iOS, Android, NOOK and Kindle Fire devices.
The English/Spanish version can be downloaded new or the addition of a Spanish language option is a free upgrade for those who already own the English version.
What better than technology that kids want to use to get them to learn! The perfect innovative and encouraging way to teach Spanish.
3 main chapters to choose from when you open the application are the possibility to read yourself with "Just a Book", "Read to Me" to have a narrator do just that, and "Read and Play"
Wubbzy y El Tren Loco features:
– Playful mini-games within the story and added learning games for practice of number, letter and sight word recognition.
– Professional narration of the same story in English and Spanish is a good introduction for initiating natural language acquisition.
– Individually highlighted words in the app are designed specifically for teaching the basics of spelling and vocabulary and can be used to practice Spanish.
– Spanish subtitles have been added to three original sing-along music videos from the popular Emmy (R) award-winning series.
– Coloring pages with scenes straight from the story.
– A Grown-Up’s Corner to guide parents, teachers and caregivers in discussing the story with kids.
It is just so complete, and full of options to choose from for hours of fun. I love that two or three siblings of different ages can play and learn with this app (4 to 7 years old). The mini games are tons of fun and tie in perfectly with the story. Perfect for additional conversations about the tale, and some reading comprehension. This app has it all for hours of Spanish and English fun :-)
Happy learning everyone!
Labels: ap, application, wubbzy