Fun, Learning and DIY Inspired by #DisneyJuniorFamilia

Disney Junior is on very frequently on our household.  We enjoy all the shows and Hot Dog! the channel has gotten this mom very creative...
This is part of a sponsored collaboration with Latina Mom Bloggers and Disney Junior. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
It is easy getting a party going at our home when Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on.  We encourage our children to watch the program because we love the values of team work, friendship, helping others in need that we see come alive in the show. So, Saturday morning when we practice our Spanish with episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and  Handy Manny on Univision, we  decided to have a couple of friends come over to enjoy some popcorn and watch some Disney Junior.
Mickey and the gang,and then heartfelt  characters like Doc McStuffins, Jake and The Neverland Pirates, and Chugginton definitvely are shows the children enjoy and I love for them to watch.  Right after enjoying Disney Junior, the kids begun playing with dress up.  Big laughs erupted  when one of our little pirates just couldn't find the treasure because he had covered both eyes with the Pirate accessories.  While the kids dressed up as Doc McStuffings, Jake and even Minni Mouse I was busy putting together an edible DIY.
Inspired by the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse where problem solving is encouraged,  I set out to become the real life Oh Tooddles! minus the mystery Mouseketool.
I was getting ready to offer the children some watermelon and grapes.  Instead of just  presenting them with the finished product, I thought it would be fun to lead the way for some culinary artwork.  I wasn't really sure where I was headed with this, but I had some cookie cutters and a halved watermelon.
This is how it played out:





















Leave it to our precious smarty pants to tell me:  well, why don't you try the cookie cutter?  When we pushed the cookie cutter in,  

After we carved our a special Mickey Mouse watermelon slice for each of us we went out and enjoyed a little picnic of more Disney inspired goodies, and then set off for some bike and water fun.
When everyone left, my little genious exclaimed: "that was fun mom"  My heart became mush.



Thanks #DisneyJuniorFamilia for making me a cool mom for my little ones! I am a believer:  Disney Junior, where the magic begins!  Actually it never ends, always available 24 hours a day,  7days a week to entertain and teach our little ones and inspire parents :-)
Be a part of the magic! Share your special photos, stories and videos joining #DisneyJuniorFamilia or using the Disney Junior App.  You can always discover more fun at Disney Junior on Facebook .  Here is a little nudge to get you sharing: has Doc McStuffins or Sofia the First inspired your family fun?


Labels: , , , , , ,