#Florida Wish - Sunglasses, Flip Flops and A Book: Time to Relax and Unwind this Summer

Summer Yay!....Oh wait, kids are out of school and while we don't have the hectic routines we are used to, we are pretty busy moms constantly finding all sorts of activities for the entire family to have an unforgettable summer.  Note to self: making #FloridaWish to relax in my sunglasses, reading a book by the pool. 


This mom is was pretty tired and stressed out for a myriad reasons, and summer is still going strong.  Oh boy. But wait, Oh Joy! when we got selected as a #FloridaWish blogger!!!! Marriott offered us a two night stay at Miami Lakes Courtyard in Miramar Florida for the "Wish You Were Here Campaign". Please keep in mind that all opinions expressed in this post are our own. What better way for me to recharge, decompress, relax and unwind?  Especially when I am all about being cool, chill and zen.  The weekend couldn't get here any sooner!!  My plans were sunglasses, flip flops and a book for two days  my #FloridaWish was made.  No suspense here, it all came true!



I have to tell you, the first thing that caught me off guard was the beauty of the landscape and very well kept building for the hotel.  Then, the staff on premises blew my mind away.  From the very first "Hello" it was nothing but exceptional service from every single person we encountered. For two days straight it struck us how friendly, willing to help out and professional everyone was. South Florida has lost much of the southern hospitality but you can definitively get charmed by the amazing personnel at this property.

After grabbing a Starbucks which is part of the hotel, we roamed a bit the common areas. Here are some photos of them that show how convenient they are for quick meetings, a good bite to each, a quick snack and even some work time if you need.  Personally, I was checking out the collection of books with fabulous images.




Once we got acquainted with the convenience of the common areas, we headed for our room.
Loved how the bed was facing the sliding glass doors that viewed the pool!



Roomy and comfortable I set out like a tourist in my room scrutinizing everything.  Red based decor with Asian accents throughout we had a sitting area that included a twin sofa bed.  The desk complete with all the necessary amenities for some work, but I purposely left the laptop at home (no need for the free Wi-Fi this time, thank you)



I sat for a bit on our balcony enjoying the view and the weather.  Before I knew it, my hunger was demanding food.  We ventured out walking to a shopping strip mall we saw on our way in.  It was pretty busy as it had a few original standalone restaurants as well as 4 chain restaurants. With so many choices we went for a great Peruvian dinner.  Back at the hotel, I continued my inspection with the bathroom area.  The spacious shower area is separate from the sink, so it makes it convenient for two or more to get ready at the same time. Across from the sink, a mini fridge, coffee maker and a microwave and under these appliances more closet or storage space.  The back door of the shower room had a great head to toe mirror every gal likes using to assemble outfits and for that last top to bottom look before heading out. No detail was left out.


Our fist morning starter with a slow and lazy getting out of bed. The culprit was the fabulous uninterrupted tranquil sleep we had.  The bed was too comfortable and still calling my name, but we had plans....our plans were simple: coffee, breakfast, pool.  Once we were done with our first cup of coffee we went straight to the bistro.


The selection is ample and varied at the bistro for all 3 meals. I loved the rounded booths with their own TV and remote control.
After enjoying our meal we headed out to the pool area where spent my time between the water, lounge chair, and my office for the afternoon.  I was in heaven, taking in the peace and quiet of the moment.


Ahhhh, I can do this forever!  I even forgot about lunch!
What a great escape.
In addition to all this, the hotel is located very near a private jet airport, and a couple of malls. It is also 25 minutes from the beach, so you do have everything you need at an arm’s reach from your little private paradise at Miami Lakes Courtyard Marriott  We truly uncovered a gem in Miramar.
If you are ever thinking about visiting the area, or even Miami, this would be a perfect central base for you with the added benefit of all what Marriott stands for. Of course, unwinding and getting in touch with your inner cool and chill is easy here, so next time I feel stress creeping up, I am giving myself a time out to indulge at this property!

I am rubbing my lamp for many more Florida Wishes’ to come true!  Tell us, what would your #FloridaWish heart's desire be?



Join in and be sure to follow the #FloridaWish fun at  FacebookTwitter & Pinterest so you don't miss a thing, and we can enjoy together all what the "Wish You Were Here" Marriott campaign is bringing us.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,