We are celebrating the first week of fall with a brunch. So we are going to serve a family favorite.
Here is a quick and easy recipe for poached bacon eggs recipe that will be a hit for any breakfast or brunch get together. This is the basic recipe:
What you will need:
In images we will illustrate the steps for you:
- an egg per person
- a slice of bacon per person
- a cupcake baking pan
A few details to consider:
When we try amplifying the volume on this recipe we like adding:
- cook at 350 degrees
- leave bacon melt some fat for at least a minute before removing from oven to include eggs
- a minimum of 3 minutes are required to cook eggs. This enough for us. You can leave them in longer depending on how cooked you like having the egg yolk. It also may vary depending on your oven.
- once done, you can sprinkle salt an pepper to taste
What do you think? are these easy to follow instructions? Would this make it to your brunch table?
- Swiss cheese over the egg after the first three minutes and we leave it in a minute more for the cheese to melt
- sometimes under the Swiss cheese we include a mix of tomatoes and spicy sauce to give it a "ranchero" twist to the poached eggs.
- other times, instead of the ranchero feel, we mix diced tomatoes with Provencal herbs and include them on the cupcake pan when right after the egg.
Labels: bacon, breakfast, brunch, easy recipes, poached eggs, quick and easy eggs, recipes, Tips