The beach called our name about a month a go, and we haven't' stopped going since! If you have been reading us, you know we are total beach bums. We never tire of it, and flock to it at every opportunity we have.
There is so much the beach can offer, and with kids, the possibilities are endless!
Yes, we can go lay out and work on our tan while we enjoy a fabulous book. That is easy. Most people associate the beach with this particular activity.
Here is our list of tips of what you can do the next time you visit the beach with the kids:
- Try some beach art: so besides becoming great architects of sand castles ( by the way, use only a little water to be able to build anything with sand), you can encourage little ones to express themselves drawing on the sand. Embellishments can easily be found using shells or sticks.
- I spy for critters: be on the look out for little crabs, birds, insects or even jelly fish. Just be careful with them, you don't want them stinging you!
- Collect shells: go shell hunting! You can determine a specific color or shape to be on the look out for.
- Get some exercise done: if we go late afternoon to the beach, we love our little yoga routine, but if you are full of energy, chase each other, throw a Frisbee or swim
- Go green: a great opportunity to teach the little ones about conserving our planet by cleaning up plastic bottles or trash. Don't forget to make sure you bring back any empty wrappers or garbage you might have.
Also, because we try going as much as we can, it has to be a grab and go kind of deal so this is our list of essentials for the beach:
If you can carry more stuff, then toys are great, but if not, you can get creative and make shells into shovels! Keep in mind we have our bag always ready to go. All we have to add is the fruit and water and off to the beach we are!
- Hats and glasses
- Fruits (we freeze watermelon slices and grapes)
- Beach chair
- Change for the parking meter
- Water shoes
What other activities do you do with your children at the beach? Do you have more tips for us? We would love to read you!
Happy Summer everyone.
Labels: beach, children, kids, outdoors, summer, things to do at the beach with kids, Tips, tips to enjoy the beach with children