Breaking Thanksgiving Cooking Traditions

Are you hosting a Thanksgiving celebration? Get awesome help from Kikkoman!!

Like I did for my Cinco de Mayo celebration this year, for Thanksgiving, I have a great ally on my side, a secret weapon that will make me shine as a chef, and leave my eating guests more than happy!!!
My new best cooking partner Kikko as I like to call it. Kikko has opened my eyes to an incredible culinary experience, one that I have never thought I would have with Kikkoman products. Not only am I being educated on their wide product line, I can attest to great results that enable you to prepare amazing dishes, Asian inspired or not. I used to think that Kikkoman was strictly for Asian cuisine, and from my last review on them, you know how mistaken I was (click here for that review).

So, this year my turkey dinner is breaking with some tradition in the preparation. I am using, you guessed it, Kikkoman to make a Savory Turkey Brine.

Of course, I had to give it a test drive.

The outcome is that this will now become my new tradition.

It will become a standard at home.

It is so easy to do and the taste of the turkey is just so sensational, there is no going back. This is one recipe that guarantees me an exquisite, perfect, sure to please all palates turkey!

Just thinking of it makes me go make some more. Can’t wait to eat it again!

Here is the recipe (taken from their website http://www.kikkomanusa.com/homecooks/):
Ingredients for a 16-24 lb turkey
o 2 gallons of cold water
o 10 ounces of Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
o ½ cup kosher salt
o ½ cup sugar
o 2 tablespoons dried sage
o 2 tablespoons dried celery seeds
o 1 tablespoon dried thyme

The night before roasting, remove giblets and turkey neck; rinse turkey inside and out. In large stock pot or 5 gallon bucket mix water with remaining ingredients. Stir well until all the salt is dissolver. Place turkey in the pot and cover with lid. Refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours. Remove turkey from the brine, rinse well. Then follow your regular cooking instructions.

You can watch a video on how to do the above at their site above. In their website you will find many other recipes. For this particular eating holiday celebration, prepare your entire meal with fail-safe recipes for everything including the green bean casserole, glazed yams and Panko crusted potato cakes. While you are at their site don’t miss out on printing valuable Buy one Get one coupons.

Next on my list is preparing Tikka Massala Pizza, did you even know Kikkoman has a Tikka Massala curry sauce?

Do like I will this holiday season: re-invent tradition in the kitchen with Kikkoman at your side for full satisfied bellies that will match content smiling faces!

Labels: , ,