Celebrating my New Year's Resolutions

So this year, I chose my word for this year to be Celebration as I told you a few weeks back here.
Definitely, I keep celebrating that I am a Britax Latina Blogger/Advisory Board Member (and in partnership with Mami Innovative Media).  As such this post is part of a sponsored outreach. All opinions expressed are my own as always.

The aim at choosing Celebration as my reigning word for 2014 was really to take in all the good, positive, fun and bright in life.  Be it my positive or your positive,  I am determined to make it all into a festival of celebrations big and small.
From my word, I came up with a couple of resolutions:

  1. Be healthier: I know, kind of a buzz phrase, but let's face it, one of the reasons I was facing gigantic health hurdles I needed to put behind me in 2013.  Eating right, exercising, keeping your mind active, do not mean you have to be an all around mega athlete.  It means you need to take care of you and the body you are in to be able to enjoy life to the fullest.  In the process, as a mom, I contribute to changing my family's lifestyle for the better.  What have I done to set myself in the right path?  Well, to date, I have sworn off (effectively this far) sodas, I am making better food choices, and step by step I am fending off chocolate.  I know this may seem small, but I don't want to set myself up for failure trying to reach for too much too quick.  
  2. Spend more time with my precious munchkins:  as much of a great mom that I strive to be, sometimes, life and career, specially, really get in the way of spending as much time as I would like to with my loved ones.  Everyone talks about quality time, but I crave quantity as well.  Now, my schedule has not really changed to grant me more free time.  Actually quite the opposite.  So, my intention is to multitask to fit in the added time I am looking for while keeping the quality time intact.  One of the ways I have been able to do that is actually combining #1 and #2 into one because I am ridding my bike for exercise, encourage big baby on her bike, and get little munchkin to come along on my fabulous Britax child bike seat!  Total win-win as I get big baby to burn some energy too ;-)  This is my #NewYearConBritax!

As I share this with you, I see the reasons to celebrate in these points!!!
I just feel in my bones the vibration of all the celebration that is to come, and I am definitively enjoying taking the moments to celebrate it all as much as I can!

I can't wait to read all the reasons you will give me to celebrate you.  Do tell!  what are we celebrating together this month?


Labels: , , , , , ,